- A haiku is not a poem, it is not literature; it is a hand beckoning,
- a door half-opened, a mirror wiped clean. It is a way of returning
- to nature, to our moon nature, our cherry blossom nature, our falling
- leaf nature, in short, to our Buddha nature. It is a way in which
- the cold winter rain, the swallows of evening, even the very day in
- its hotness, and the length of the night, become truly alive, share
- in our humanity, speak their own silent and expressive lanugage.
- ~R.H.Blyth~ Haiku, Volume One
- Are some icicles long
- Some short?
- We are poets and sages in so far as we
- do not ask such questions, or rather ...
- in asking them we expect no answer and
- do not desire one.
- To keep things in this state of wonder
- and suspense, to want without desire to
- love deeply without attachment, this is
- the real part of all our living.
- Then the different lengths of the icicles,
- the different heights of wooden pilings,
- the difference between the sun and the
- moon, these things are of perpetual and
- never-ending surprise, for ...
"A long thing is ...
the Long Body of Buddha;
A short thing is ...
the Short Body of Buddha."
Haiku Vol4 Autumn/Winter
The Hsinhsinming -10 Ox Herding Pictures - Exploration 勘探 - Shamanism - The Papalagi - Surrender - Ma Nature
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.